Open Letter From Several Members of the MEK Directed at Albanian Officials
- The MEK wrote a letter showing concern that 8,000 Iranians are requesting visas to come to Albania, even though Albania’s borders are closed. They are saying that they intend to visit family members, but the (PMOI / MEK Iran) wants to know what the real purpose is of their request for visas.
- The letter mentioned that an Albanian-language website called Gazeta Impakt preaches about the Iranian religious fascist regime and has republished the sadistic allegations made by the Iranian regime’s Ministry of Intelligence (MOIS) websites by naming the (PMOI / MEK Iran). The letter allegedly says that Gazeta Impakt is led by a man in Albania named OlsiJazexhi and his wife, MigenaBalla. OlsiJazexhi himself was taken to Iran last February supposedly in the role of a journalist and researcher, but he is being trained to wage a hate campaign against the (PMOI / MEK Iran).
— NCRI-FAC (@iran_policy) June 5, 2019
- The letter mentions the November 2019 uprising in Iran which led to the deaths of more than 1,500 people by the Iranian regime. It states that the Mullahs’ Gestapo (MOIS) called the “Nejat Society” has put pressure on family members of the (PMOI / MEK Iran) and other members of the Iranian Resistance to sign pre-written petitions or produce video clips in which the MOIS includes scenarios that swear at us and the Albanian government.
- The letter states that Ali Khamenei, the leader of the regime, has personally insulted Albania on January 8th, 2020 saying that Albania is the base for planning uprisings in Iran.
- The letter says that attacks and torture by the regime are nothing new to the (PMOI / MEK Iran) and they have been taking place between 2003 and 2016 in Iraq at Camp Ashraf and Camp Liberty. There have been 27 ground attacks that involved firearms and other weapons, missiles, and armored vehicles. There were 7 bloodbaths, a food, and medicine siege, where there were 168 martyrs and 1,500 people wounded while nine people were taken hostage and no one knows their fate. Also, psychological torture has been imposed on us as well. Mr. Tahar Boumedra, the then chief of the UN AMI human rights office has personally witnessed parts of these crimes.
"We would respectfully ask you not to allow your newspaper and journalist to become unwantedly tools of the Mullah's regimes to enhance its objectives and prepare the grounds for assassinations of the Iranian refugees in Albania."#PMOI #MEKhttps://t.co/vCNbGrpJnc
— People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) (@Mojahedineng) May 25, 2019
- The letter continues by saying the Iranian regime’s terrorist plots in Albania have continued against the (PMOI / MEK Iran). Due to these activities, the ambassador and 3 other terrorist diplomats have since been expelled from Albania. Asadollah Asadian, an Iranian diplomat, was arrested when attempting to bomb the Iranian Resistance’s meeting in Paris on June 30th He is in Belgium awaiting trial.
- On October 23, 2019, the Albanian police head revealed that there was a terrorist network present led by the Quds Force of the Iranian regime which was involved in operations in Albania.
- The letter reported that the Iranian regime’s propaganda and demonization campaign against the (PMOI / MEK Iran) has unleashed more terrorist attacks and (PMOI / MEK Iran) families have been taken hostage in Iran and are subject to abuse. The Iranian regime has to date performed executions of 120,000 (PMOI / MEK Iran) members and dissidents, including in 1988 the massacre of 30,000 political prisoners.
- The letter ended by saying that the (PMOI / MEK Iran) has asked the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights to dispatch an international fact-finding mission to Iran which should include the UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights to check out the situation on Iran and meet with (PMOI / MEK Iran) representatives and families in Iran and publish a report for the public to read. It also calls on the Minister of Justice and the Minister of Interior in Albania to investigate the illegal actions of Olsi Jazexhi and Gjergji Thanasi regarding religious persecution in Iran and how they are suppressing (PMOI / MEK Iran) families and increasing terrorist activities against Iranian refugees in Albania.
The letter was signed by the following:
- Mahmood Saadat
- Farzin Hashemi
- Abas Golrezan
- Mehri Saadat
- Parvaneh Rabiey Abbasi
- Hamid Reza Noori
- Mostafa Ghaedi
- Jafar Mamlooki
- Khalil Hajhoseini
- Ali Asghar Eslami
- Reza Salami
- Sadegh Keyhan
- Shokuh Ghasemi
- Tayebeh Yeganeh
- Mohamad Jafarnajafi
- Nahid Saadat
- Mohammad Hassan Bagherzadeh
- Mohammad Reza Bagherzadeh
- Mostafa Forooghi
- Vahid Dowlatshahi Araghi
- Gholamreza Ghadery
- Alireza Balal
Tags: 1988 Massacre, Ashraf 3, Disinformation by MOIS, Disinformation Campaign, Iran Diplomat Terrorist, IRGC, Maryam Rajavi, Massoud Rajavi, MEK, Mujahedin-e Khalq, National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), People's Mojahedin organization of Iran, PMOI