MEK Iran: Global Conference Regime’s Terrorist Diplomat is Convicted by a European Court
On February 4th, 2021, at the same time as the court case for the regime’s diplomat bomber, Assadollah Assadi, and his partners in Antwerp, Belgium was taking place, a global online conference was in full swing.
The Belgian court rejected Assadi’s claim for diplomatic immunity
Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, the President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), and numerous well known political figures from different European countries, the USA and Canada, joined thousands of People’s Mujahedin of Iran (PMOI / MEK Iran) members based in Ashraf-3 (Albania) and many supporters of the Iranian Resistance throughout the world.
The Belgian court rejected Assadollah Assadi’s claim for diplomatic immunity and he has now been sentenced to 20 years in prison. The other three intelligence agents, Nasimeh Naami, Mehrdad Arefani, and Amir Saadouni, now have to face long terms in prison which are 18, 17, and 15 years respectively. Their Belgian citizenship has been revoked as well.
Convicting these people is, in fact, exposing the clerical regime
Mrs. Rajavi’s view on the sentencing was that convicting these people is in fact exposing the clerical regime as a whole. It is also great for the Iranian people and the Resistance, but a significant political and diplomatic loss to the Iranian regime, and hopefully will put an end to the tragedies caused by exporting and spreading terrorism overseas.
Mrs. Rajavi said that over time the mullahs have tried to shackle the MEK so that they are unable to show who and what they stand for. They have spent decades spreading unfounded disinformation and even worse they have even made false allegations to the rest of the world that the MEK are just terrorists.
Support from credible sources throughout the world
The MEK has over time proved their innocence from such allegations and in doing so has built up a lot of support from credible sources throughout the world. It has shown that it is secular and doesn’t discriminate against anyone in relation to their religion, ethnicity, and wealth.
Mrs. Rajavi said that that the recent conviction in the Antwerp court of those who have been working for the clerical regime is again to the resistance movement. Also, the ruling puts pressure on Europe and the international community.
What the Iranian Resistance is asking for now is:
- Close down the regime’s embassies and any other of its centers in Europe,
- Immediately demand that the regime’s Foreign Minister be held accountable for atrocities against the Iranian people that have taken place over several decades.
- Designate the Ministry of Intelligence and the IRGC as terrorist entities.
- Start the process of prosecuting the regime’s leaders who are in fact the masterminds behind the country’s terrorist activities.
- Stop the regime from telling lies to western intelligence services and subsequently using them to pursue their own interests.
It also states that normal ties between the regime and other countries should only resume if the regime dismantles its terrorism infrastructure and closes down all of its terrorist activities.
Terrorism overseas is much the same as the domestic suppression
Mrs. Rajavi also said that the clerical regime’s terrorism overseas is much the same as the domestic suppression and the nuclear weapons program. Also, any effort to contain and control the regime’s nuclear program is unlikely to be successful unless a clear stance is made against the regime’s violations of the human rights of the people of Iran.
The resistance also pointed out that, “One must decisively insist that the regime must stop meddling in, and withdraw its forces from, the entire Middle East.”
On the same day, we emphasized, “Any agreement that overlooks the Iranian people’s human rights only encourages suppression and ceaseless executions by the regime and tramples upon the rights of the people of Iran, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the United Nations Charter.” Over the past six years, each of these facts and assertions has been proven one by one.
Several well known European, American and Arab politicians attended the global conference.
Speakers included the following:
- Ingrid Betancourt, former Colombian presidential candidate;
- Stephen Harper, former Prime Minister of Canada;
- Pandeli Majko, former Prime Minister of Albania and the current State Minister for Diaspora;
- General James Jones, former National Security Advisor to the U.S. President and Supreme Allied Commander, Europe;
- Alejo Vidal Quadras, former Vice President of the European Parliament;
- Tom Ridge, First U.S. Homeland Secretary;
- Michèle Alliot-Marie, former France’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Defence and Minister of Interior;
- John Baird, former Canada’s Minister of Foreign Affairs of;
- Giulio Terzi, former Italian Minister of Foreign;
- Riad Yassin Abdallah, former Yemeni Foreign Minister and Ambassador to France;
- Fatmir Mediu, former Albanian Defence Minister
- The present leader of the Republican Party in Albania;
- David Jones, former Brexit minister in Theresa May’s Government;
- Kimo Sassi, former Finnish Minister for European Affairs and Foreign Trade;
- Ambassador Robert Joseph, the former U.S. undersecretary of state for Arms Control and International Security;
- Ambassador Mitchell Reiss, former Director of Policy Planning at the Department of State;
- Patrick Kennedy, former US Congressman;
- Linda Chavez, former White House director of public liaison;
- Senator Robert Torricelli;
- Members of the British Parliament including Matthew Offord, Bob Blackman, Steve McCabe;
- Members of the European Parliament including, Milan Zver from Slovenia, Gianna Gancia from Italy, and former MEP, Paolo Casaca; Michèle de Vaucouleurs, Jean Michel Clement, and Frédéric Reiss members of the French National Assembly;
- Martin Patzelt, member of the German Federal Parliament;
- members of the Italian Parliament including, Antonio Tasso, Senator Roberto Rampi; as well as Colonel Wesley Martin; Tahar Boumedra;
- Jean-François Legaret, former Mayor of Paris’ 1st District ;
- Lars Rise, former Norwegian Representative;
- Elona Gjebrea, Secretary of the Albanian Parliament Foreign Affairs Committee and former Deputy Interior Minister.
— Iran Freedom (@4FreedominIran) February 4, 2021
Supporters of the MEK and the Iranian Resistance held rallies
While the conference was underway, supporters of the MEK and the Iranian Resistance in many countries held rallies in front of the clerical regime’s embassies or the foreign ministries of European countries in Belgium (Antwerp), France (Paris), Germany (Berlin, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Munich), Austria (Vienna), and Switzerland (Geneva).
Supporters of the MEK and the Iranian Resistance demanded:
An immediate revision of EU policy towards Iran,
The closure of the regime embassies,
The blacklisting of the Ministry of Intelligence and the Revolutionary Guards
The expulsion of their mercenaries who come from European countries