MEK: More Arrests in Iran on Anniversary of Last Year’s Protests
On the day of the anniversary of the November 2019 uprising, some former political prisoners were either arrested or summoned by Iran’s Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS). One of those detained was suffering from leukemia which could affect his recovery if in prison.
House raids without warning
(PMOI / MEK Iran) supporters inside Iran reported that the Ministry of Intelligence has begun a new surge of arrests as the November 2019 deadly uprising anniversary approaches. The regime is afraid of more taking the explosive conditions in several parts of the country.
On November 11th, disreputable intelligence agents in Songor in Kermanshah province forced entry into the residence of former political prisoners and arrested them. Their names are Saeed Asghari, Saeed Samimi, and Kasra Bani Amerian They were interrogated for hours before being sent to Ward 4 of the infamous Evin Prison.
They had been arrested before in March 2018 and following around 2 months of interrogation in ward 209 of Evin Prison were eventually released on bail.
Iranian Regime Targets and Threatens Families of Political Opponents to Quell Dissent: The country’s judiciary is also summoning individuals with family ties to #MEK #Iran) and threatening them so as they do not participate in any anti-regime activities. #WeStand4FreeIran pic.twitter.com/pYgsHut7oY
— MEK Iran (Mujahedin-e Khalq) (@MEK_Iran) November 21, 2020
Detainees sent to Evin Prison were:
- Saeed Asghari, 51, born in Songhor.
- Saeed Samimi, 24, graduated in pharmacy.
- Kasra Bani Amerian, 24, has a Bachelor’s in the economy.
Before this took place they all had to face 5 years in prison in Branch 28 as decided by the so-called Revolutionary Court in 2019. They were not allowed any help from a lawyer and their charges were their association with the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI / MEK Iran). They were also given 5 years for conspiracy and collusion against national security. These draconian sentences were upheld by Judge Ahmad Zargar in Branch 36 of the Revolutionary Court.
Others detained include the following:
- Kasra Bani Amerian, aged 24 years, has leukemia. At some point, he had undergone chemotherapy and was improving but he was still suffering from the symptoms of the disease and he needed to be supervised by a physician. It is quite likely now his life will be threatened.
- Hamid Sharif in the 3rd week of November 2020 was arrested and taken to Ward 4 of Evin Prison. He was sentenced to 12 months in prison by the Revolutionary Court.
- Sina Zahiri was also summoned to Evin Prison to continue a 5-year sentence. November 14th was the day he had to report to Evin Prison November 14. He had been sentenced to 2 years in prison earlier for his support of the (PMOI / MEK Iran) but was released in 2012.
On Saturday, Sina Zahiri was arrested in Tehran and taken to Evin Prison. He had previously been sentenced to five years imprisonment for sympathizing with #MEK #Iran and is serving a two-year term. #WeStand4FreeIran pic.twitter.com/ZFvzBWaNSw
— MEK Iran (Mujahedin-e Khalq) (@MEK_Iran) November 20, 2020
and People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran – MEK IRAN – YouTube
Tags: Iran human rights, Iran Opposition, Iran Protests, MEK, Mujahedin-e Khalq, People's Mojahedin organization of Iran, PMOI