MEK: Arbitrary Arrests Underway in Iran
As the Iranian population has become more militant, the regime has reacted by conducting arrests of the disruptors. It is announcing this to its state-run media.
It is using the term “maintain security” to go about arbitrary arrests. This is what Mohammad Reza Yazdi, the commander of the Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) Mohammad Rasul brigade in Tehran has said. He also said that these activities will continue until security breaches have been stopped.
Humiliate people by parading them in the streets and beating them in front of the public while they are pleading for forgiveness. This is a method being used by the regime to scare Iranians from taking part in #MEK #Iran resistance movement https://t.co/4rAC8LpVCl
— StopFundamentalism (@SFundamentalism) October 19, 2020
Iranian Resistance, the National Council of Resistance of Iran’s (NCRI), and the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI / MEK Iran) reported that Mohammad Reza Yazdi, commander of the criminal “Mohammad Corps” in Tehran, said: “The Razavioun patrols, which were created to provide security, started (a series of) preparations two years ago.
A similar thing happened in November 2019, when nationwide protests spread throughout the country, and Ali Fadavi, the deputy commander of the IRGC, deployed the Razaviun security patrol units, run by the Basij forces. They were out in force to suppress the protests.
The transfer of Hash al-Shabi forces from Iraq to the #Flood-hit areas, launching night patrols&“neighborhood-based security patrols”called the Razavioun,are part of the repressive measures of religious fascism to prevent Iran uprising#IranProtests #IRGCTerrorists @USAdarFarsi pic.twitter.com/tzYpxogL4k
— Iran Freedom (@4FreedominIran) May 20, 2019
Breakdown of recent arrests
- On October 18th, the Tasnim News Agency, which is linked to the IRGC, reported that Rahim Jahanbakhsh, the commander of State Security Forces in Zanjan province, said that 1,500 “security disruptors” had been stopped in the last 8 months for disrupting security and spreading unfound rumors. This has been since the COVID-19 outbreak and the regime had told constant lies about the death rate from the virus.
- Ali Akbar Javidan, the commander of State Security Forces in Kermanshah province, reported on October 18th that 1,550 “thugs and thieves” had been arrested in the first 6 months of the Persian calendar year which is March to September.
- Nabiollah Ghassemi, the commander of State Security Forces in Kuhdasht, Lorestan province, on October 17th, reported 98 arrests which were reported by the official ISNA news agency.
- Abdollah Hassani, the commander of State Security Forces in Semnan province reported on October 14th, that 3,000 thieves many under 35 years had been arrested in six months.
#MaryamRajavi This regime must be expelled from UN and its leaders brought to justice for their continuing crimes against humanity and the violations of human dignity. The international community must not allow this regime to bring medieval edicts to the 21st-century #MEK #Iran pic.twitter.com/Gawe6BbAR0
— MEK Iran (Mujahedin-e Khalq) (@MEK_Iran) October 9, 2020
Other repressive measures were used is to humiliate people by parading them in the streets and beating them in front of the public. This is a method being used by the mullahs repressive forces to scare youth from taking part in MEK resistance activists organized by the People’s Mojahedin of Iran (PMOI / MEK Iran) inside Iran.
These exceptional security measures have been in existence for at least 12 months with the results and reasons for the widely publicized by state-run media. But on top of this, there have been political prisoners executions, humiliating and torturing alleged “street criminals” in public, and inflicting inhuman sentences on people, such as the severing of hands and feet of those arrested and charged.
#Iran: Arbitrary Arrests Across the Country; 10,500 Arrests in Kermanshah, Semnan, and Zanjan #HumanRights #IranProtests https://t.co/OS2KhtUrem
— NCRI-FAC (@iran_policy) October 20, 2020
Why the regime takes these actions
It is afraid of the growing dissent in the country and the likelihood of a resurgence of nationwide protests as the November 2019 uprising anniversary gets closer. The decline in economic conditions which has been partly due to the Covid-19 outbreak and the regime’s inhumane policies used to stop the virus from spreading has further enraged Iranians. They are gearing themselves up for another round of protests which the regime wants to stop.
This may not happen as Iranian people are angry with the country’s rulers and won’t put up with much more. Following the legendary Iranian artist, Mohammad Reza Shajarian’s death mourning ceremonies fast became anti-regime protests were “down with the dictator,” meaning the regime’s supreme leader, Ali Khamenei. The MEK Resistance Units are more active as well and have been targeting the regime’s centers led by disenchanted and rebellious youth. It is now difficult for the regime to justify that it has a complete hold of the Iranian people.
Mrs. Maryam Rajavi the President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran’s (NCRI): This regime must be expelled from the UN and its leaders brought to justice for their continuing crimes against humanity and the violations of human dignity. The international community must not allow this regime to bring medieval edicts to the 21st-century
MEK Iran (follow them on Twitter and Facebook)
and People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran – MEK IRAN – YouTube
Tags: Iran human rights, Iran Opposition, Iran Protests, IRGC, Maryam Rajavi, MEK, MEK Network, Mujahedin-e Khalq, National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), NCRI, People's Mojahedin organization of Iran, PMOI