MEK Iran: Death Toll from COVID-19 Exceeds 61,500
COVID-19 has now caused the death of more than 61,500 people throughout Iran, as reported by the main Iranian opposition (PMOI / MEK Iran). However, the official death toll is calculated as only 10,130. Most of the deaths have taken place in Tehran.
The death toll in some of the provinces includes:
- 4,635 in Khuzestan,
- 3,815 in Qom,
- 3,160 in Isfahan,
- 3,510 in Razavi Khorasan,
- 2,195 in Lorestan,
- 1,640 in West Azerbaijan,
- 1,220 in Fars,
- 760 in Kerman.
#Iran: #Coronavirus Fatalities in 340 Cities over 61,500
On Tuesday and Wednesday, at least 103 people died in Mashhad, 28 in Neyshabur, 23 in Sabzevar, 14 in Quchan, and 32 in Bojnurd. #COVID19 https://t.co/gP8hmJGr7Z
— NCRI-FAC (@iran_policy) June 26, 2020
On Thursday, 134 more people lost their lives to the deadly virus.
In Qom and Gilan, almost 40% of its population has caught COVID-19. In Tehran, about 15% have caught the virus. The Health Ministry decided to put the economy before the people and re-open businesses which opened-up more and more opportunities for anyone getting the virus. It stated that more cases of the virus are inevitable as the peak has not yet been reached. But it said it had no choice but to lift restrictions because people needed to work to feed themselves and their families.
Situation in Tehran
Up to 20% of Tehran’s residents have now caught COVID-19 many of which live in District 4, which is home to 900,000 people making it Tehran’s most densely populated area of the city. Alireza Zali, who is responsible for leading Tehran’s COVID-19 task force stated that just in the last day 285 people have been hospitalized and 93 are being treated in ICU. The hospital beds in Tehran are just about full and there has been the need to depend on clinics in Tehran. Tehran’s Khomeini Hospital has seen an increase of 144 percent, just in the last five days, and those in hospital stand at more than 1,500.
A roundup of the provinces
- Golestan province is experiencing a similar situation to Tehran with 460 victims spread around medical centers including children and there is likely to be a shortage of beds very soon.
- It appears from confirmed reports from a member of Shiraz city council that Fars province is getting into a more advanced stage of COVID 19 with it soon falling into code red.
- The state-run Mehr News Agency, in Western Azerbaijan, revealed that the province’s governor said due to the number of COVID-19 cases new restrictions would soon become the new normal. Even the women’s hospital which has barely opened its doors is testing an increase in the number of COVID-19 cases,
- In Kermanshah, there are reports of more hospitalizations and more loss of life from COVID-19.
- Similarly, in Markazi province, due to the increase in cases, more restrictions are just about to come into force.
- In Eastern Azerbaijan, there are now 450 cases of COVID-19 being reported every day.
More than 61,500 people have died of the novel #coronavirus in 340 cities checkered across all of #Iran's 31 provinces, according to the Iranian opposition PMOI/MEK. pic.twitter.com/HU3j5on8kV
— People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) (@Mojahedineng) June 26, 2020
Mrs. Maryam Rajavi is the President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran’s (NCRI) said today, due to the inhuman policies of Khamenei and Rouhani, the coronavirus has spread like wildfire, claiming victims all over Iran.
Tags: coronavirus (COVID-19), coronavirus in Iran, Maryam Rajavi, MEK, Mujahedin-e Khalq, National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), NCRI, People's Mojahedin organization of Iran, PMOI