MEK Iran: Protests in Isfahan
The farmers of Isfahan’s protracted demonstrations reached a critical point on Friday. People from all walks of life have been supporting the demonstrations, which have been taking place near the parched basin of the Zayandeh Rud river. Thousands of protestors joined the farmers in calling for justice and basic rights on Friday.
Protesters: “Zayandeh Rud is our undeniable right,”
The Zayandeh Rud, central Iran’s largest river, has become a rallying point for those fed up with the mullahs’ rule of more than four decades of tyranny and corruption.
The crowd gathered at the venue, according to locals, was far larger than the estimates reported by the authorities.
“The people of Isfahan would rather die than submit to disgrace,”
“where is our Zayandeh Rud,”
“Zayandeh Rud is our undeniable right,”
“we will not return home until we get our water back,” and “if we don’t get access to water, we will rebel,” the demonstrators chanted. According to local sources, the authorities cut off mobile internet connectivity in the region to prevent the spread of news about the protests.
Officials in the government were terrified by the massive crowd. Mohammad Mokhber, the first vice-president of Ebrahim Raisi, “will speak live to the people in an hour,” according to Isfahan’s local television. However, the hour turned into two, three, and several more, portraying the regime’s dread and perplexity.
The dam is empty, and provide the river for a few days
“I have told the energy and agriculture ministers to manage this issue as soon as possible so that we can put these difficult times behind us,” Mokhber stated when he eventually appeared on television. He made no mention of any specific actions that the government planned to take.
The regime’s corrupt and destructive practices have had a negative impact on every element of Iran’s economy. The country’s agriculture business has reached a stage where it can no longer handle the difficulties of Isfahan’s farmers due to rampant looting and taxation of the country’s resources and infrastructure.
According to specialists on Isfahan’s water resources, 86 percent of the water store behind the Zayandeh Rud dam is empty, and releasing the remaining 14 percent will only provide the river with enough water for a few days.
(IRGC)has taken complete control of the river
Farmers’ irrigation water has been seized by the dictatorship and funneled to industrial enterprises managed by the Revolutionary Guards (IRGC), including foundries, military complexes, and agricultural facilities.
As per the Supreme Water Council and the Council of Coordination for Zayandeh Rud’s instructions, 74.3 percent of Zayandeh Rud’s waters should be provided to farmers, while 25.7 percent should be allocated to the energy ministry and government projects. In actuality, however, a controlling minority has taken complete control of the river’s capacity, leaving a significant population of farmers without access to irrigation.
The continuous protests in Isfahan reflect the mood of the Iranian people. National protests drove the regime to the brink of collapse two years ago. People protested around 200 places across Iran demanded a change of government.
Only through ruthless repression was the regime able to avoid collapse. However, it has failed to solve any of the economic issues that sparked the riots in the first place in two years. Inflation, poverty, unemployment, and other economic issues have pushed Iran’s citizens to the brink of yet another mass uprising.
The first vice-president of Ebrahim Raisi, “will speak live to the people in an hour.
” But the hour stretched into two, three, and several more, which was indicative of
the state of fear and confusion among regime officials.
and follow NCRI (Twitter & Facebook) and People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran – MEK IRAN – YouTube