MEK Iran: Former MP Confess the Regime’s killings During the November 2019 Uprising
The National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), and the People’s Mujahedin of Iran (PMOI / MEK Iran), reports that Mahmoud Sadeghi, a former parliamentary member, has just admitted that the security forces of the regime killed innocent protesters in the major Iranian protests in November 2019 in a video clip that circulated on social media.
November 2019 uprising
“In commissions tasked with handling [the November uprising] I asked if there was any sign of opposition groups, but they said no. I told Mr. Shamkhani that these are people. They are killing people in the street. What are you doing? Will you continue to kill if they remain in the streets? Shamkhani said, yes, we will do it,” Mahmoud Sadeghi declared.
In November 2019, during major demonstrations that shook the foundations of the clerical dictatorship, the frustrated people stormed the repressive centers of the regime and called for a change in the government. Reuters confirmed in a special report on December 23, 2019, about the deadly crackdown on November nationwide protests in Iran the death toll of 1500 that was announced by the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI / MEK Iran) on December 15, 2019.
Ali Khamenei ordered to shoot
In response, Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei ordered the Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) to “do whatever they can” to prevent the fall of the regime, about 1500 protestors were killed by the Revolutionary Guards and the State Security Force (SSF).
The government attempted to conceal the true number of deaths because too many protesters had been killed and officials attempted to minimize the number of deaths in order to cover up the barbarity of their actions.
The new Head of the National Security and Foreign Policy Committee of the parliament of June 2020, Mr. Mojtaba Zolnouri, declared: “230 were killed during the November incident.”
Rahmani Fazli confess the regime’s killings
Prior to Zoulnouri’s statement, Abdolreza Rahmani Fazli, the government’s Interior Minister, announced that 250 people were killed during the protests of Iran. and that there were 52 fatalities from the security forces among those fatalities.
Rahmani Fazli added, “Some 40 to 45 people were killed with unofficial and unregistered guns” attempting to put the blame on a third party and justify the violent repression.
Rahmani Fazli supported the government in order to prevent the international community from finding out what was happening in Iran by enforcing an internet blackout during the revolts.
Rahmani shut down the internet
“They say Rahmani shut down the internet on those days. I surely did because they were commanding and training [people] through the internet. Why are people upset? They were looking to start a civil war. As the country’s security officials, we had been tracking their activities; they were planning for months,”.
According to Rahmani, “the fuel price sparked this. It had a vast social aspect and field, yet it should have been much larger than this. They wanted to make chaos in the country and turn our country into another Syria. Preserving [the regime’s] security is our priority.”
This fire under ashes may rise
The state-run Arman daily on 19 May 2020 read in a piece, “we are in such a situation that at any point, this fire under ashes may rise. The November 2019 incidents will not leave Iranian people’s memory.”
The regime can no longer deny the reality that so many innocent protestors were murdered under the authority of Khamenei. It is clear that the regime fears the power of collective action from the Iranian people and attempted to intimidate protestors to ensure there would not be another uprising. The Iranian community will not easily forget the needless death that took place at the hands of the regime and it is certain that they will join again in demand for regime change.