June 20th Commemorative Anniversary by Resistance Units and supporters of the Mujahedin-e Khalq (PMOI / MEK Iran) across Iran
Over the last week, the MEK resistance units and supporters of the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI / MEK Iran) remembered June 20th, 1981 which was the date when the Iranian people’s resistance formed a movement against the ruling religious dictatorship, and the day for martyrs and political prisoners.
There were some key comments made which included:
- “Massoud Rajavi On June 20, 1981, we upheld the banner of resistance.”
- “We will not rest until Iran is free, down with Khamenei.”
- “Onward to rebellion and uprising – a prosperous Iran, with Maryam Rajavi.”
The movement against the #Iranian regime led by the #MEK started 20th June1981 To mark this recent anniversary supporters of #PMOI #Iran and members of MEK Resistance Units participated in several activities across the country.https://t.co/5o5eBRFg9d #FreeIran2020 @USAdarFarsi pic.twitter.com/1THZIQJee8
— MEK Iran (Mujahedin-e Khalq) (@MEK_Iran) July 3, 2020
These popular activities by MEK resistance units took place despite security measures enforced by the regime’s repressive forces. MEK resistance units’ message was for the establishment of freedom and democracy, and for the downfall of the regime.
The cities involved in these activities by MEK resistance units included:
Karaj, Semnan, Takestan, Gorgan, Arak, Kermanshah, Dezful, Rasht, Urmia, Sanandaj, Marivan, Andimeshk, Khorramabad, Asaluyeh, Qazvin, Hamedan, Mashhad, Varamin, Talesh. , Tabriz, Isfahan, Qom, Izeh, Sarpol-e Zahab, Dehdasht, Shahroud, Kerman, Shahreza, Khorramshahr, Rudsar, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari, Gilan, Dorud, Hashtpar, Bushehr, and Behbahan.
— NCRI-FAC (@iran_policy) June 30, 2020
a key component of the messages was that protests and uprisings were the only way to bring about freedom and democracy in Iran. Leaflets were distributed, slogans were written, pictures of (PMOI / MEK Iran) members who had been lost in their fight for freedom. MEK resistance units activists took on the job of laying a wreath on the graves of those martyrs in cities throughout the country.
Slogans include the following:
- “Maryam Rajavi: June 20th, is the turning point in the historic resistance for freedom and democracy and against Iran’s religious dictatorship,”
- “Maryam Rajavi: Let’s remember 1,500 fallen victims during November 2019 uprising,”
- “Marking June 20, the day of the martyrs and political prisoners,”
- “June 20 marks the day of the martyrs, your path continues,”
- “Khamenei’s headquarters is the source of all diseases, terrorism, torture, looting, and corruption,” “We can, and we must overthrow the velayat-e faqih regime (religious dictatorship),”
#MEK Resistance Units have been putting up banners and posters across numerous cities in #Iran Many of them are messages of support for the leader of the MEK, Massoud Rajavi, and #Maryam_Rajavihttps://t.co/sgJ7njmwzu #IRGCTerrorWithoutBorders #Iranian #coronavirus @USAdarFarsi pic.twitter.com/Kn9NWTvaY5
— MEK Iran (Mujahedin-e Khalq) (@MEK_Iran) June 17, 2020
- “Down with Khamenei, Rouhani, Long live the Liberation Army,”
- “Hail the martyrs, to rebellions, to freedom fighters and to the army of freedom.”
- “Long live the memory of the martyrs of last November’s uprising,”
- “Hail to those who stood up to the dictatorship and did not surrender,”
- “MassoudRajavi: From June 20, 1981, until today, Resistance was waged for the freedom of our people and our homeland,”
- “Down with Khamenei, hail to Rajavi,” “Democracy, freedom with Maryam Rajavi.”
Tags: coronavirus, coronavirus (COVID-19), coronavirus in Iran, Maryam Rajavi, Massoud Rajavi, MEK, MEK Support, Mujahedin-e Khalq, National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), NCRI, People's Mojahedin organization of Iran, PMOI, Regime Change