Maryam Rajavi's position on Secretary Pompeo's speech on Iran

Maryam Rajavi, Mike Pompeo’s Iran Speech a step in Right Directions

Maryam Rajavi's position on Secretary Pompeo's speech on Iran

Maryam Rajavi’s position on Secretary Pompeo’s speech on Iran Deal – May 21, 2018

Two weeks after President Trump’s landmark decision to withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal, his Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, used his first public message to call for a united international response to the threat posed by the Iranian regime. Maryam Rajavi, leader of the People’s Mujahedin Organisation of Iran (MEK) and President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), expressed her position  on Secretary Pompeo ’s speech.

In his speech, Mike Pompeo outlined the reasons why the US felt compelled to withdraw from the deal. He cited the large sums of “blood money” awarded to the regime. He also raised American concerns over the deals inability to stop the regime’s uranium enrichment, the lack of access to nuclear sites, and the continued development of ballistic missile systems. He went on to appeal for a deal which would end close these loopholes, as well as one which would end the illicit funding for terrorist groups abroad and prevent the regime from interfering in the Syrian conflict.

Pompeo also acknowledged the progress made by the Iranian public in its speech. He said the protests “show that the Iranian people are deeply frustrated with their own government failures”.

Responding to Pompeo’s speech, Maryam Rajavi applauded the significance of Pompeo’s acknowledgment of the Iranian protest movement. She stressed that “forming an international front against the religious and terrorist dictatorship in Iran is requisite for the establishment of peace, security and coexistence in the region and world over.”

Many of the criticisms of the 2015 nuclear deal that Mike Pompeo aired in his speech had been stated by Maryam Rajavi herself in the past. In 2013, she expressed the need for a deal which completely halted uranium enrichment and called for “unhindered access to suspected nuclear centers and facilities”.

After the deal came into effect in 2015, she also warned the international community that the agreement would do little to block the mullah’s progression towards becoming a nuclear state. She also warned that the money awarded to the regime under the terms of the agreement would be misspent. She said, “Khamenei will use these funds to further the regime’s policy of export of terrorism and fundamentalism in Syria”.

It seems the US Secretary of State has now publicly acknowledged these concerns.

Staff Writer

 

Please follow and like us:

Tags: , , , ,

Copyright © 2018 MEK-Iran.com. All Rights Reserved
Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial