MEK Iran: Regime Fails to Have Their Terrorist Diplomat Released
Iranian state-run media have admitted that the Iranian regime failed to get its Vienna-based diplomat, Assadollah Assadi, released from prison after his arrest and trial by a Belgian court on a terrorism charge.
Conviction of Iran’s diplomat-terrorist
Assadi was sentenced to 20 years in prison for his art in an attempt to blow up an Iranian opposition, The National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), and the People’s Mujahedin of Iran (PMOI / MEK Iran) rally near Paris in June 2018.
The actions of the People’s Mujahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI / MEK Iran), known by its acronym, the MEK, have been pinpointed as the primary reason why the regime failed to convince the court that Assadi was either innocent or could not be tried as he should have had diplomatic immunity.
Here are some extracts from the state-run media in Iran on the sentencing ofAssadi:
Islamic Republic’s regime’s involvement in terrorism
- “The (PMOI / MEK Iran) and its cadres are infinitely stubborn that they knock on the doors of members of European parliaments and present them with alleged documents to prove the Islamic Republic’s regime’s involvement in terrorism, leaving no room for the Islamic Republic to defend itself.”
MEK has turned almost the entire European Council into Camp Ashraf
- “The (PMOI / MEK Iran) camps at the European Council under the protection of European governments and holds dozens of meetings every day with members of this Council, and they present a bad image of Islamic Iran. According to a member of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Mullahs’ Shura Council, the (PMOI / MEK Iran) has turned almost the entire European Council into Camp Ashraf.”
MEK thwarted the plan of the mullah regime to return Asadi to Tehran
- “It is worth noting that the (PMOI / MEK Iran) influences the heads of state through a wide range of pressure groups affiliated with them at the highest political levels in European countries to the extent that they thwarted the plan of the mullah regime to return Asadi to Tehran on the eve of the implementation after the revolutionary regime’s scheme made progress in this matter and they obtained the approval of the Belgian authorities.”
MEK supporters in Iran carry out dozens of operations against security centers
- “Although the (PMOI / MEK Iran) describes the Islamic Republic in court as ‘blind terrorism’, at the moment their riot squads, under the name of the strongholds of the uprising, carry out dozens of operations against security centers and valuable Iranian figures and broadcast them on the Simaye Azadi channel. The youth incited riots, pandemonium, and turmoil similar to what happened in the November 2019 uprising.”
MEK is an actor at the table of Iranian political equations
- “The Antwerp court ruling confirms that as long as the (PMOI / MEK Iran) is an actor at the table of Iranian political equations, we should not expect a political and diplomatic breakthrough for the mullah regime, because the (PMOI / MEK Iran) will not allow any breakthrough in Iran’s relations with the West and thus the lifting of sanctions, through their terrible propaganda and tarnishing the image of the mullahs’ regime.”
MEK action against other Iranian diplomats and collaborators
- “They don’t hesitate to do anything in this direction. There are now reports of their subsequent dangerous activities of taking similar action against other Iranian diplomats and collaborators with the Islamic Republic who are serving the regime abroad covertly and overtly.”
The abridged version of an article written by Robier al-Fares for The Reference.