Online Free Iran Global Summit 2020 – Ashraf 3, Albania – July 2020
The Free Iran Global Summit is one event that has taken the pandemic in its stride by going virtual this year, so that eager supporter of the Iranian Resistance The People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI / MEK Iran), was not denied their chance to support the movement. A summit is normally an annual event.
The 1,000 attendees included, amongst others, political leaders and human rights activists, many of whom couldn’t believe it was technologically possible to put on a global event attended by so many people. Joseph Lieberman, former U.S. senator, and Vic-Presidential nominee, even banded around the suggestion that the event should be recorded in the Guinness Book of Records.
— NCRI-FAC (@iran_policy) July 20, 2020
Because the event was so well-organized and managed, many of the attendees believed the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI / MEK Iran) and the Iranian Resistance were well-qualified to oust Iran of its “corrupt and criminal mullahs.’’
- Former Columbian presidential candidate Ingrid Betancourt said, “This conference shows that the whole world is united for you, to support your struggle, to tell you you are not alone, that we admire you”
- Two key Albanian parties agree on supporting the (PMOI / MEK Iran) and taking crucial decisions against the Iranian regime, like expelling Iran’s ambassador from Albania.
- Sali Berisha, former President and Prime Minister of Albania believed severing diplomatic ties with Iran was vital at showing there needs to be a regime change;
Many world figures have considered the (PMOI / MEK Iran) to be Iran’s key symbol of hope.
NCRI President-elect, Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, spoke about the three commitments that the resistance movement has:
- The people of Iran and the Iranian Resistance will overthrow the clerical regime and will reclaim Iran.
- The people of Iran and the Iranian Resistance will build a free and democratic Iran.
- To remain faithful to our people’s sovereignty and their vote; to not seek power at any cost, but to establish freedom and justice at any cost; to never return to the dictatorships of the Shah and the mullahs……..we want to establish a democratic, secular and non-nuclear Iran.”
Iranians have been through difficult times since the Iranian revolution of 1979. There have been many movements against the religious dictatorship but the MEK and NCRI can proudly say they have persisted in their struggle through these grim decades.
— Maryam Rajavi (@Maryam_Rajavi) July 17, 2020
Senator Joseph Lieberman, former New York mayor Rudy Guiliani, and Senator Robert Toricelli presented a statement compiled by a bipartisan group of 31 prominent U.S. individuals to Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, showing their support for the Iranian Resistance. The statement said: “The one organization that has done more than any other entity, including governments, to free Iranian citizens from tyranny and the world from fundamentalist-inspired terrorism is the NCRI.”
Rudy Giuliani, former mayor of New York, said: “The MEK is the driving force for change. It’s why the regime has singled it out for murder.”
Senator Joseph Lieberman said: “There is no better ally than the NCRI …….. in the interests of the security of the American people, whose security is threatened by the fanatical regime in Iran.”
A summary of Mrs. Rajavi’s speech:
‘’This summit echoes the voice of the Iranian people’s 40-year Resistance against religious dictatorship and fascism and for freedom and democracy……..the longest-standing, most sophisticated, and most serious organized resistance in Iran’s history.’’
— NCRI-FAC (@iran_policy) July 19, 2020
‘’This summit echoes calls for the clerical regime’s overthrow, which was heard during successive uprisings from December 2017 and January 2018 to November 2019 and January 2020. It is the people’s calls….” ‘’This summit is the voice of Resistance Units and rebellious cities across Iran who have put an end to a history of despair, incredulity, and inaptitude, replacing it with the pledge of “we can, and we must.”
‘’Today’s summit represents our enchained homeland in three of its most prominent features:
- A rebellious and revolutionary Iran;
- An Iran united in solidarity;
- And a free and democratic Iran of tomorrow.’’