Below is the 10 Point political platform adopted by the PMOI and NCRI.
1) Ballot Box – In our view, the ballot box is the only criterion for legitimacy. Accordingly, we seek a republic in Iran based on universal suffrage.
2) Pluralism – We want a pluralist system, freedom of parties, and assembly. We respect all individual freedoms. We underscore complete freedom of expression and of the media and unconditional access by all to the Internet.
3) Death Penalty – We support and are committed to the abolition of the death penalty.
4) Religion & State – We are committed to the separation of Religion and State. In our view, any form of discrimination against the followers of any religion and denomination will be prohibited.
5) Gender Equality – We believe in complete gender equality in political, social, and economic arenas. We are also committed to equal participation of women in political leadership. Any form of discrimination against women will be abolished. They will enjoy the right to freely choose their clothing. They are free in marriage, divorce, education and employment.
6) Judicial System – We believe in the rule of law and justice. We want to set up a modern judicial system based on the principles of presumption of innocence, the right to defense, effective judicial protection and the right to be tried in a public court. We also seek the total independence of judges. The mullahs’ Sharia law will be abolished.
7) Human Rights – We are committed to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and international covenant and conventions, including the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, the Convention against Torture, and the Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination against Women.
8) Equality – We are committed to the equality of all nationalities. We underscore the plan for the autonomy of Iranian Kurdistan, adopted by the National Council of Resistance of Iran. The language and culture of our compatriots from whatever nationality, are among our nation’s human resources and must spread and be promulgated in tomorrow’s Iran.
9) Market Economy – We recognize private property, private investment and the market economy. All Iranian people must enjoy equal opportunity in employment and in business ventures. We will protect and revitalize the environment.
9) Foreign Policy – Our foreign policy will be based on peaceful coexistence, international and regional peace and cooperation, as well as respect for the United Nations Charter.
10) Nuclear Policy – We want a non-nuclear Iran, free of weapons of mass destruction.